Wednesday, June 30, 2010

REAL Shoes!

Yahoo! Yesterday, for the first time since my surgery, I put on REAL shoes!! Ok, so yesterday it was sandals and today was tennis shoes, (Is that right, tennis shoes? It looks funny.) but at least they were shoes and not my not-so-beloved boot!

Walking is a bit rough, rolling my toe isn't so easy still, but I can feel the stretching, which is good. As my doc keeps saying, use it or lose it! I'm thrilled with the progress so far.... I got to take a long walk with Rigby this afternoon, which was the first time since my surgery that I could do that with two shoes....

Man. You really don't appreciate your feet until they are messed up. If you have good feet, consider yourself blessed!!


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hooray for your recovery! Your posts made me take a second to think about how lucky I am to be so healthy.

Your comment about how you talked to your husband about my blog break made me laugh. I rant passionately to my husband about blog things ALL. THE. TIME. He constantly has to remind me to settle down (and honestly that he doesn't really care). I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets worked up over my online friends!