Friday, September 19, 2008

Puppy update..

Wow, I have a blog for a few weeks and already I have fully neglected it! Sorry for the delay, the addition of Rigby (Named in honor of the Beatles' Eleanor Rigby), the puppy mentioned in the last post, has turned my life a little upside down...


Rigby the great.

Don't get my wrong, Rigby is a wonderful puppy by all accounts. Sure, he still hasn't fully gotten the going potty outside thing down....but I can't really complain since he is doing remarkable well for a puppy who I don't think had EVER gone outside before. In fact, I think at his "shelter" he did his business in his little cage. Considering that, I think he is doing quite wonderfully! He really only has occasional accidents, mostly because we aren't watching close enough or are being lazy about taking him out in the AM.

Max and Rigby during their first meeting. If you look VERY closely you will see that Rigby has one of Max's favorite toys in his mouth, and Max is actually mid-jump in swating him. Their battle royals will be caught on video soon and hopefully posted here. They are pretty entertaining.

My brother, sister-in-law and niece (who is only almost 6 months old!) were visiting this past weekend and Rigby was pretty good with the baby around. He wanted to play with her (and her toys!) but he was pretty decent all things considered. My brother and sister-in-law were really impressed by his attitude and his relatively calm demenor. Just one of the many great things about Bostons!!

The strangest thing about the puppy, is that my mother, Zach's mother and Zach's father are pretty much obsessed with him. Zach's dad actually called me last night, when Zach wasn't even home, to check up on his "grand-dog". Now, I understand that Zach's parents don't currently have any real grandchildren yet, but their obsession with my dog makes me wonder what their reaction to real live children will be like. I appreciate their enthusiasm about the pup though, especially my mom, who isn't really a dog person. She even agreed that he could come along to Wisconsin the next time if we would like! I don't know how her cat will feel about that, but I guess we will find out...
Other than the puppy, life has been moving along as normal. I signed up to do a Gocco postcard exchange being put on by Lisa over at www.thebunnylog.com/journal. A big HI!! to any of you who are reading this because you are fellow participants!! I have been stressing about what to do for the design, and I am honestly a little bit nervous about what I will come up with. There are some seriously talented artists involved, and it makes me worry that they will get my cards and be really disappointed. I am planning to spend much of this weekend plotting for the postcards so I can hopefully print next weekend when my paper gets in.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Rigby is soooo cute.

I am participating on the gocco swap too. You are not alone in your worries. It's my first time using my gocco and I cannot draw for my life. I have some ideas but I can't quit translate it to paper. But I am excited to play.

Dr. Russ said...

You can check out my blog and read about my anxiety over the swap as well. Actually, it was my first entry of the blog.

So, you definitely are not alone in the anxiety factor.

Like the advice someone left in the comments section: do something that pleases you and forget about the recipients. I am sure that all of us are a receptive audience--dr. russ