Saturday, May 1, 2010

Post Surgery - Day 1

Today, Saturday, I awoke still not in any major pain. I can feel the wrapping, it makes my leg feel very heavy (it goes up to under my knee) and I can feel a few of my small toes (Zach tried touching them) but as of 8:00 this morning, I can still barely feel my big toe, or the largest small toe. That makes me a little scared, I'm really hoping that doesn't mean there was nerve damage or anything.

Zach had music lessons today (9:30 am - 1:00 pm) which means he's gone until 2:00 pm or so. It's about 12:37 pm at the moment, and my foot still doesn't really hurt at all. The wrapping feels tight, but that's about it. I'm eating, I feel fine, the pain meds aren't making me too loopy (I can at least read, watch TV etc, which I couldn't last time!). Things are good.

My only current worry is that there is nerve damage or something. It is over 24 hours since I left the surgical center, and I'm still numb in my big toe (or I was at 8 am) I'm going to check with Zach again when he's home in an hour or so. I might also do a little internet research. I can't say I mind the lack of pain, but a little pain is worth a lifetime of FEELING in two toes!! I can't really feel the incisions yet either. I can definitely feel my heel, my leg and my little toes, but those were all locations where no work was done. If there was going to be nerve damage, it would be in the places I can't currently feel!

No comments: