Friday, May 7, 2010

Post Surgery - Day 7

Well, it is officially 1 week since my surgery! A week ago right now I was just waking up in the recovery room...

My foot felt decent when I got home last night, and I had a lot more energy than the previous night (as in, I didn't just fall asleep on the couch!). I haven't been taking any of the pain meds since last Tuesday morning, so I think that is a great sign!

I know it sounds odd, but I'm a little concerned that having my foot up so much is giving me bad (or maybe I should say worse) posture! As I sit here at my desk trying to keep my foot up on my CPU, I keep finding myself slouching over to one side of my chair. I think it is mostly because I am NOT flexible, and actually keeping my foot up pretty much feels like a constant stretch if I'm sitting up straight. I really should have kept up with those yoga classes... they were making me much more stretchy and helping with my back strength. That would be awfully helpful right now!

Zach and I talked about possibly going to a movie with some friends this weekend! I don't know why, but the idea of getting out of the house and doing something fun (other than work) has gotten me VERY excited. I guess that's what I get for being couped up in the house for a week straight. The only downside is that I won't really be able to sit up in the riser area of the theatre, given my bum foot, and I really prefer that area over the flat part at the front. :( Small price to pay to get out of the house though!!

No comments: